Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First impressions

Not many people can say that they have lived in Colombia and Pakistan, some of the most world's dangerous places according to the US authorities...two years ago AIESEC brought me Colombia, where I spent awesome summer teaching English at a private university...and yesterday I arrived to Karachi, Pakistan to work for AIESEC, which has given me such opportunities that I could never imagine. If someone had told me 2 years ago that I would be living in Colombia and then Pakistan, I wouldnt have believed them, but that is the beauty of the whole organisation...you never know where it takes you!

Coming from Finland from 15degrees to 35degrees heat and humidity, from 1 million people in Helsinki to 15 million people in Karachi, from pure nature to polluted environment, from solitude and silence to buzzling cosmopolitan city is definetely a huge change!
But Karachi is very interesting city, and the people are really friendly...so can easily adjust despite the odd water and electricy cuts and the extreme heat!;)

1 comment:

  1. You are very brave Lisa :) I'm sure you'll have the time of your life there! Keep posting happenings on this blog!

    ReplyDelete