Saturday, July 24, 2010

New beginning

The past month has been very eventful...

I have been

hospitalised and off sick many times
without electricity for a weekend
without water for few days
without internet for days

On top of that
intelligence authorities have bothered us
our office burnt down two days ago

But finally I feel that my body has adjusted, my mind is calm, have no stress, and was reading a book in a beautiful park today...

I think that our office burning down was a cherry on top after many challenging moments, and now I can only laugh at the challenges, and look ahead for a brighter future! As the saying goes, 'what doesnt kill you, only makes you stronger'...I am glad to have all these experiences, they only make your life richer, and I will have plenty of stories to tell to others, as one of the goals in my life is to inspire others with my experiences, and get other people to take risks and really enjoy their life! Besides, such challenges teaches you to appreciate little things in life, and basic amenities...but it is amazing with how little you can survive, and people just buy unnecessary luxuries and stuff to keep them happy!

Life would be boring without little challenges, and I have only become stronger throughout the years, and I believe I can do anything in my life...I can fly an airplane, if I want to, it is all about your attitude, and what you believe you can do!

Life is too short not to enjoy it, and now after my sicknesses, which were caused by very severe adjustation to the food and weather, I will have to do everything to keep myself healthy and enjoy being in Pakistan to the fullest!

I do love my work, the people, the surroundings here, and there is so much to see, to experience...have started acting, dancing, and now still want to start karaoke, climbing...the sky is the limit!

Funny thing is that this month has taught me also how to be by myself and rest,as have always been constantly surrounded by people, and never took any time to be with myself and relax...and now I have spent a lot of time by myself, as have been so much time sick at home, and now I actually enjoy chilling out by myself without any planned activities,as even my holidays have always been jampacked with sightseeing, meeting friends etc...

Now I am just looking forward to the new experiences ahead!! I think everyone should venture out to Pakistan once in their lives, test their limits, and come out stronger, and have beautiful, life-enriching experiences!;)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a dramatic beginning to your stay in Pakistan!!

    Ihailtavaa energiaa sulla. Toivottavasti sopeudut pian ruokaan ja ilmastoon- nuo sairastumiset kuulostaa huolestuttavalta. Hyvä, että jaksat olla optimistinen ja nähdä asioiden valoisat puolet! Niin kuin sanot, kaikki kokemukset rikastuttavat :)

    Pidä huolta itsestäsi ja terkkuja 'helteisestä' Helsingistä!

    xx Satu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I want to listen to your stories and challenges over a coffee this IC. This year will change your life drastically. i think it already did :)

    ReplyDelete